Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti



I am not a spaghetti fan.  At 33 I still have nightmares of big plates full from my childhood.  The spaghetti sauce getting everywhere, the fat hunks of onions & peppers lurking in this mesh of slippery noodles that would never stay on my fork, and the infamous words "Spaghetti sauce is like ketchup!  You eat ketchup right?"  My 4yr old self would've gladly ate noodles covered in ketchup but not spaghetti.  Then my Mom finally triumphed by making "white spaghetti" and, while I'm still not a fan of any type of spaghetti, I can atleast live peacefully with it now.

"That's great April but has nothing to do with gaming!"  I know but I make that point to make this one.  Sometimes you just have to try to coexist with things you aren't a fan of.  I discovered something this week that bothers be...  the Looking For Raid system in WoW.  My guild killed the end boss from Cataclysm this week, Hooray!  Everyone was happy but the whole week seem to be missing the energy and excitement of past expansions.  I fear killing Deathwing weekly in pugs has taken away from the magic.  To me it's a tragedy but I'll coexist since the system does help my lowbies gear.  I do wish they would've left last boss inaccessible until all nerfs were over.  I think it would let the end boss stay a more satisfying kill.

For now Looking For Raid and Spaghetti will remain on equal ground with me.  Looking for raid isn't my favorite addition to WoW but could definitely be worse.  Spaghetti is bad to me but can be made better for the anti-spaghetti crowd.  If you're in that crowd, this is for you!  This isn't my Mom's White Spaghetti but it's an easy Crock-pot recipe you can meet the Spaghetti lovers halfway on. 


Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 3hrs
Skill Needed: Apprentice

Ingredients:

  • 16 oz Dry Spaghetti
  • 1lb Velveeta Light Cheese
  • 2 c Shredded Chicken, Cooked
  • 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
  • 10 oz can Rotel Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies
  • 1/2 cup Water
  • 1 Small Onion. Diced
  • 1 Medium Green Pepper, Diced
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Boil your Spaghetti Noodles as directed on package.  Drain excess water.
  2. Spray Crock-Pot with non-stick spray.
  3. Combine cooked Spaghetti & all other ingredients in Crock-Pot.  Stir until mixed thoroughly.
  4. Cook on Low for 2-3 hours.
  5. Stir before serving

No comments:

Post a Comment