Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Spicy Summer Pasta


Ah sweet summer time. Wait a minute... It's hot and Miserable! What's so sweet about that?!? If you're like me, summer if a fantastic time to avoid the heat with some gaming. Although my current MMO has me fighting my way through one big Fiery Inferno which in alot of ways reminds me of Summer temperatures this year. When fighting the weather or fighting overgrown molten baddies, I like some pre-raid meals to be cool yet spicy. Meet my solution... one Spicy Summer Pasta!

Prep Time:
15 Minutes
Total Time: Overnight
Skill Needed: Apprentice

Ingredients:

  • 12 ounces Mostaccioli Pasta
  • 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
  • 1/4 cup Whole Milk
  • 4 Tablespoons White Vinegar
  • 1 teaspoon Adobo Sauce From Chipotle Peppers
  • 1/2 teaspoon Salt
  • Black Pepper To Taste
  • 10 ounces Grape Tomatoes
  • 1/2 pound Smoked Gouda Cheese
  • 24 whole Basil Leaves (chiffonade)

Directions:

  1. Cook Pasta until done. Set Aside to Cool.
  2. In a small bowl Mix Mayonnaise, Vinegar, Adobo Sauce, Milk, Pepper and Salt.
  3. Cube Gouda Cheese into bite size pieces.
  4. Cut Tomatoes Lengthwise.
  5. Grab a large bowl and toss in Cooled Pasta, Tomatoes, Cheese Cubes, and Dressing. Stir everything together then taste to see if any adobo, salt or pepper is needed. If so add a little in!
  6. Chiffonade your Basil. Chiffo-who? If you're like me, you had no idea what that means. Never fear hungry raiders! Chiffonade means to cut that herb into long thin strips.
  7. Stir in Basil and Refrigerate until cold. I recommend Overnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment